Operations management refers to the administration of business practices to create the highest level of efficiency possible within an organization. Operations management is concerned with converting materials and labor into goods and services as efficiently as possible to maximize the profit of an organization. We at alignment.ie have extensive experience within operations management area.
WHAT IS PLANNING AND CONTROL
• Planning and control is concerned with the reconciliation between what the market requires and what the operations resources can deliver.
• Planning and control activities provide the systems, procedures and decisions which bring different aspects of supply and demand together.
• The purpose is to make a connection between supply and demand that will ensure the operations processes run effectively and efficiently and produce products and services as required by customers.
Planning and control activities
- Scheduling – when should we do things?
- Loading – how much should we do?
- Sequencing – in what order should we do things?
- Monitoring and control – are things going to plan? If not, what should we do about it?